Join SCENE and become a Social Contacts Coach
SCENE is a research project exploring the best way to help people with psychosis to increase their social activities and the number of people they meet. People with psychosis often report feeling socially isolated which reduces their quality of life. This has been further compounded over the pandemic, with much face to face interaction and social group opportunities being severely limited.
In this study, we are training mental health professionals in the role of a 'Social Contacts Coach', where they will aim to help service users to increase the number of social activities they engage in. It is estimated that it will take 6-7 hours to deliver the intervention to service users over 6 months (i.e. one hour a month).
We are looking to recruit social contact coaches in all sites nationwide. If you are an employee of one of the participating NHS Trusts (please see list below) and have mental health experience, we would love to hear from you.
- East London NHS Foundation Trust (East London and Bedfordshire)
- Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- University of Exeter and Devon Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Gloucester Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- University of York, Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Cambridge and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
- Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
During the pandemic, we have adapted our intervention to be delivered remotely in a way that adheres to the governmental guidelines and keeps our service users and staff feeling safe.
If you are eligible and interested, please get in contact with us via email here.